Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tea of the Day - 4.22.08

Happy Earth Day !!! (and for those in my neighboring state of Pennsylvania--Don't Forget to VOTE today.....make YOUR voice count!)
My selections today is in honor of Earth Day....Zhena's Gypsy Tea in Gypsy Earl Green

Ingredients: Organic, fair trade, Nilgiri green tea, organic ginger root, organic Valencia orange peel, Bulgarian roses, organic Sicilian oil of bergamot orange
A nice organic choice, with the lovely notes of Earl Grey tea, but in a calming green tea blend.

"Aromatheraputic Benefits:Bergamot aids in concentration and confidence and has been used as a natural anti-depressant. Ginger root increases focus and stimulates digestion.

Beauty Applications: Reduces wrinkles: Green tea extracts are known to aid in reducing the visible signs of aging and protect skin from damaging UVA and UVB radiation."

Do yourself a favor, and give this flavor (and brand) a try....it will definately surprise you!
Remember to recycle, turn off a light (or two), leave your car at home and take a walk......a don't forget your cup of tea!

7 comments:

Casey Jo said...

Happy Earth Day. I'm so glad I found your blog. Where I live it is hard to find any recommendations for good tea. The tea today sounds excellent. I may have to order a sample for myself.

Jenny M said...

Green earl gray, one of my favorites!

suicidekttn said...

Ooo! That looks good. I think I might have to try this one!

Kate said...

Happy Earth Day!!! I celebrated by using the clothesline instead of the dryer today. Just my small contribution to the day.

I sure could use a cup of tea now though.

Anonymous said...

i love the two teas that i've tried of their's and recycle the tins...they are great when i need to store some other loose tea that i bought, i just put a sticker on the bottom to remind me of the content. on tin sits on my work table holding my loose knitting needles!

happy earth day..late

Nisha (from ravelry group) said...

That sounds like a really lovely flavored tea. I love earl and lady grey teas, something so nice and comforting, and this sounds like a slightly spicier version. I'll look for it. Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

Zhena's is my local tea company and they are woman-owned with lots of fair-trade teas available as well as a variety of flavors. They have a raspberry earl grey you might also want to try.

best,

ldpaulsonfromravelry