Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Turning the BIG -4-0-

OK, so it's true......I had a birthday today. I've been in a real bad *funk* about it over the last week....reflecting on what I haven't accomplished in the last forty years. I got myself so worked up that I finally cracked at work yesterday. My boss told me that maybe I needed to take a PTO day and relax, which I did......I wasn't quite at the POSTAL-point yet, but I was gettin' there.

So, I woke this morning, and had my "A-HA" moment......it's JUST a number. My world is not going to crumble around me because I'm forty. I have a wonderful, loving husband and a marriage I am proud of. I have my pets, my babies who are my refuge and comfort and love me unconditionally. I have family and friends that truly care about my happiness. My life has been full, and will continue to blossom.

So, that being said......I decided to take a "tea posting" sabbatical, so that I could concentrate on having a great birthday. My DH made me breakfast, let me sit and do crafting without bothering me, and let me watch my soap opera, without comments about how boring it was (I am a Y&R fan, so I just gotta watch it when I'm home). We then went out for the afternoon. He bought me two CD's for my birthday....

We then stopped at AC Moore, so that I could pick up some supplies. My oldest nephew's birthday is this week, and he's going to be 13. This is the same nephew that is into theater and as a combo surprise for maintaining his -A- average in school and his birthday, DH and I (mostly ME) are surprising him with a trip to NYC to see the Broadway production of RENT, before it closes permanently on June 1st. So, I worked on his card today, and here it is.....
I've never scrap booked before, but I really got into this......I might have to do this more often!! I can't wait to give this to him this weekend, and see his reaction.

After we left AC Moore, then we stopped at Kohl's, and we decided to finally use a gift card we received at Xmas to buy a new blender. We have never owned a blender, and even though we asked for one on our wedding registry, we never received it. With summer coming, I thought it would be nice to have not only to make healthy smoothies, but to make some nice cocktails !!! So we found this on, which is tool cool because it's got this cool blue light that glows when it's plugged in....it's the Hamilton Beach:Liquid Blu

After our shopping spree, we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants.......Potstickers. We had California Roll sushi, along with a Potsticker sampler. DH had Grilled Lam chops for his entreƩ, while I had Crispy prawns with Walnuts and Brown rice.....YUMMO! And, I had a Mango Mojito, which totally made my night!!

After we left dinner, we stopped at Border's Books, as I wanted to pick up a tour book for NYC, to help plan our day trip. Between that book and all of the magazine's we bought (People, PC World [for DH],the spring 2008 issue of Knitter's magazine, and spring/summer 2008 KnitSimple, we spent over $30.00. My treat was to pick up desert (since I did not have a traditional birthday cake), so I got this phenomenal piece of chocolate/marshmallow bliss......


So, in a nutshell......I've accepted my birthday, it was an exhausting day, and I am now ready for bed. I'll resume my tea posts tomorrow.

Later all.......

4 comments:

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! Relish the moment. Drag it out for the whole month. Enjoy being the beautiful 4-0...love every minute of it! I hope you have a wonderful day, week, month, year! Birthdays are special. It is YOUR day!

Marlyn said...

Your birthday sounds like it was fun. I remember turning 40... it was one of the best birthdays I ever had!

Grace Yaskovic said...

As I said last week I liked 40 and would love a do over!!! Enjoy the entire year!!!

jamie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!