1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love soft wools, Bamboo, Organic fibers, Cotton or Silk blends. I also enjoy sock yarns. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I tend to shy away from mohair and laceweights. I dislike scratchy wools and 100% acrylic fibers.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have one zippered needle case that is stuffed to the GILLS, which I bought at AC Moore. I probably should get a better system for storing those
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I originally learned from my grandmother when I was a kid, however I just got back into knitting in late 2007. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Beginner
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes, on Amazon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Etsy (hulaknitter)
5. What's your favorite scent? I love anything that smells tropical or evokes memories of the beach. I wear two specific perfumes….FRESH Lemon Sugar and GWEN STEFANI ~L~. In my house, I use Yankee Candle Sun & Sand and Island Spa.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? ah…..YES ! Favorite candy? Milk chocolates (with or without nuts) & jelly candy (fruit slices). I also enjoy dried apricots and banana chips
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I scrapbook and cross stitch Do you spin? No
8. What kind of music do you like? My favorite artists are The Beatles and The Beach Boys. I (heart) David Cook from American Idol! I also like Top 40 and Pop artists too (Rianna, Justin Timberlake, Fergie, etc….) Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) yes & I use Itunes too.....
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Tropical and Beach colors – Blues, Greens, Turquoise, Purples, Sand….I also like brights like True Reds, Pinks and Corals Any colors you just can't stand? I dislike BRIGHT yellow and pale pastels.
10. What is your family situation? I am married (5 years this year) with NO kids Do you have any pets? 1 dog-Kona, and two cats-Sugar & Tigger....they are my babies!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats, mittens & fingerless gloves. I'm a "fluffy" gal, so I think a poncho would make me just look "rounder"....
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves, since that's all that I've done up until now, but I will consider anything. I tend to gravitate towards fingerless gloves, socks and hats. I would love to make a Market Bag, and I do have a pdf patter for a Booga bag that I would love to make.
13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf (my first project) & I am getting ready to cast on a pair of fingerless gloves.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? SURE !
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either is fine Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or aluminum....I'm not terribly fond of plastic needles
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Nope
17. How old is your oldest UFO? The project that I am working on now (since March)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas is such a fun time of year. We don't celebrate Halloween in our house. I also enjoy the 4th of July (cause I'm a sucker for some fireworks!)
19. Is there anything that you collect? Mary Engelbreit, bumblebees and ladybugs
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I am wishing for some Alchemy bamboo yarn....it's just so pretty. I would also like a set of Addi turbo circulars to use for socks. My etsy and amazon wish lists are good resources, as well as my favorites on Ravelry What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None yet.....I usually just buy what interests me, but I would like to get a subsription started.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to better my basic knitting skills, like a PURL stitch so that I can venture out more into more intermediate patterns.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 10 shoe
23. When is your birthday? April 15th
24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes If so, what's your ID? hulaknitter