Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love questionnaire

Do you knit or crochet? I mostly knit, however I would like to re-learn crochet.
How long have you been at your craft? I originally learned from my grandmother when I was a kid, however I just got back into knitting in late 2007.
Do you spin? What type of spinning?
No
What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Bamboo, Organic fibers, Cotton or Silk blends. I also enjoy sock yarns.

What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? I tend to shy away from mohair and laceweights. I dislike scratchy wools & 100% acrylics
What are your favorite colors? Tropical and Beach colors – Blues, Greens, Turquoise, Purples, Sand….I also like brights like True Reds, Pinks and Corals

What are your least favorite colors? I dislike BRIGHT yellow and pale pastel shades
Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have?
Alchemy Bamboo, Malabrigo Organic Cotton, Maui Yarns (on Etsy) and Three Irish Girls
What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
The easier the better…..scarves, fingerless gloves, hats…..my goal is to work myself up to a sweater
What are you currently working on? I am still working on my first project, a scarf.

Anything you plan to work on this summer? I would like to start a pair of fingerless gloves, so that I have them finished in time for the fall season.
What is your favorite FO?
Because my available “knitting time” is so limited, I have yet to “finish” anything. Oh, and the fact that I have ONLY perfected a garter stitch works against me too….
What is your oldest UFO? My current project.
Are there any techniques that you want to learn?
I would like to better my basic knitting skills so that I can venture out more into more intermediate patterns.
Are you on Ravelry? Yes What's your ID?
hulaknitter
Are you a sock knitter? Not yet What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 10 shoe
Do you collect anything?
Mary Engelbreit, bumblebees and ladybugs
Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift? Neither
Do you love sweets? ah…..YES ! What are your favorites?
Milk chocolates, jelly candys, Trader Joe’s Seedy Little Current cookies, popsicles. I also enjoy banana chips and dried apricots.
What are your favorite scents? I love anything that smells tropical or evokes memories of the beach. I wear two specific perfumes….FRESH Lemon Sugar and GWEN STEFANI ~L~. In my house, I use Yankee Candle Sun & Sand and Island Spa.
Where do you keep your needles/hooks?
I have one zippered needle case that is stuffed to the GILLS, which I bought at AC Moore. I probably should get a better system for storing those
Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?) yes, on Amazon (
hulaknitter08@yahoo.com) and Etsy (hulaknitter)
Having a birthday this summer? Nope, mine was this past spring……
Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know! No allergies to anything swap-related

No comments: