Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some mid-week YARN love !!

I received my package today from my Summer of Yarn Love spoiler......how exciting!! Since this is a secret swap, all that I can tell you is I *think* she's from the Southwest......but I'm not sure.

When I opened it, here's what I found:


Such lovely goodies!


Stuff to keep me "yarn-ing"-a copy of Interweave Crochet magazine & two skeins of DMC Senso Metallics in a pretty copper color


Stuff to keep my busy-a cute book of Cats (very cute pictures and the funniest captions), some pretty beach-themed scrapbook stickers, a project notebook (which is TOO cool), and a set of stitchmarkers made of a lovely pearlized lavender hearts....PRETTY







Stuff to keep me smelling pretty and fed well-a bottle of Sea Island Cotton lotion from Bath&Body Works, a package of Gingerbread Spice tea, and a HUMUNGO bag of M&M's.......YUMM! I am just LOVING my SOYL spoiler !!!



I also received two pairs of bamboo DPN's from Joan on Ravelry.......I traded her some yarn for the DPN's so we both made out with what we wanted! YAY!

In other news, I am now a volunteer moderator on the Cuppa Tea?? board on Ravelry.......my way of helping out and giving back! I also had a status meeting with my manager at work, and the feedback I received was VERY positive. It appears that my positive thinking and effort has made a difference. FINALLY, some good news!

My parents and nephew are off to Walt Disney World a week from today......lucky DUCKS! And my mom is going again in December with her siblings (my aunt & uncle) ......SNIFF, SNIFF. If things go well and I can get all of our debts in check.....loans paid off, etc. then DH has agreed to a trip next fall.......to coincide with our anniversary. So that's my goal, as I need my DISNEY-fix!

Stitches East registration came.......and went. I don't think I am ready yet for classes, especially since I still consider myself a knitting novice. I am planning to go to Market one of the days, so I will at least get that experience. Maybe, if the economy turns around, I might consider Stitches West 2009 ?? Hmmm......any thoughts from cyberland?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got the box! Enjoy!

yourswapspoiler for summer of yarn