Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Four Season Swap - Summer questionnaire

  1. Do you knit or crochet: Right now, I knit only. I was taught how to crochet when I was a kid, but I have long-lost the knowledge, so I would like to re-learn at some point.
  2. Are you a spinner? No
  3. Would you prefer roving or yarn in your package? Yarn
  4. How would you rate your experience (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced)? Beginner
  5. What are your favorite yarns to knit with? Bamboo, Silk, Cotton, Soft Wools, Organic Fibers
  6. Favorite Brands? Alchemy, Blue Moon, Cherry Tree Hill, Dream in Color, Malabrigo, Noro, Posh Yarns, Rowan, Yarn Love & Zen Strings
  7. What yarns/fibers do you NOT like? I don’t like mohair, novelty or acrylic yarns. I also have a hypersensitivity to scratchy fibers, so if it’s wool, it’s gotta be a soft wool
  8. What are your favorite colors? Tropical vibrant colors……turquoise, lime green, purple, blue, coral, red
  9. What are your least favorite colors? BRIGHT yellow and pale pastels
  10. What are your favorite projects to knit? Fingerless gloves, scarves, hats…..and socks
  11. Any yarns, books, needles, patterns or accessories that you are desperate to get your hands on? Any yarns from my favorites listed above, Lantern Moon Rosewood or Palmwood straights in size 10 or 11, Lantern Moon Rosewood Sox Stix in size 0 or 1, Addi Turbo 12” circulars in size 1 or 2, Addi Lace 24” circulars in size 4 or 5
  12. Are there any new techniques that you would like to learn? I want to perfect my PURL stitch, and then I’d like to learn to do a cable stitch.
  13. Is there anything you collect? I collect Mary Englebreit things. I also collect stuff with ladybugs and bumblebees. I’ve also started collecting vintage Hawaiian travel poster designs.
  14. Do you drink coffee or tea? Tea Bags or loose? Both
  15. Any allergies (food, fibers, animal, anything really)? Just the hypersensensitivity to scratchy wools
  16. What are your favorite scents/fragrances? I like tropical & citrus scents. If it smells like the beach, I probably would LOVE it
  17. What is your family situation (spouse, children, pets, etc…)? Married, no kids unless you count the dog-Kona, who’s a Border Collie-Rottweiller mix and my two cats- Tigger & Sugar.

No comments: