Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Thursday, July 3, 2008

More Yarn Love - this time from my SP12 spoiler!!

This morning when we got up, my DH went to take the dog out and came back inside this morning with a box. I guess either the mailman was getting a jump on his deliveries, or it was mis-delivered to our next-door neighbors. Since I had to go to work, I had no time to open it, so it sat here at home, all alone (even Kona didn't bother it). So, tonight once I got myself settled, I opened my box-o-goodies! !






So, my spoiler gave me specific instructions to open all of the packages first, before opening the card. I tore into these bundles so fast, it looked like Christmas morning at my house. The first two packages I opened were a Mary Engelbreit magnet and a set of Mary Engelbreit notecards




I then opened some yummy goodies, a box of AHMAD TEA - LONDON in Peach & Passion Fruit. I've never heard of this brand, it's from England, so I am excited to try it. I also received a grinder of Sugar/Vanilla, which is SO COOL! It's just like one of those herb grinders from McCormick Spices, but it's sugar and vanilla. According to my spoiler, it is great on fruit, or in tea. She though that since it's summer and chocolate is "iffy" in the heat, that she'd send some "sweetness" in this form. YAY SPOILER !!!


Next, we are onto the yarns.....first was two skeins of GREEN MOUNTAIN SPINNERY Sylvan Spirit in Amethyst. This yarn is 50% wool and 50% Tencel (Lyocell), which is a cellulose fiber made from wood pulp, so it qualifies as a recycled fiber....TOO COOL! It's a DK weight, so I am thinking either fingerless mitts or maybe socks? What's even cooler is that she went directly to the factory to get it. Can you say ROAD TRIP ?!?




Next was a real treat. My spoiler dyed and spun me a 5oz. skein of the most gorgeous and soft yarn I've ever had.....she knew how much I love the ocean, and it's a beautiful colorway that reminds me of snorkeling in Hawaii




And finally, the largest of the bundles. It was heavy so I couldn't figure out just WHAT it was. Once it was opened, I almost burst into tears of joy!


A teapot with a HANDMADE tea cozy, done as a Ladybug!! I just couldn't believe it. It is the cutest thing. And she got the pattern from Etsy, so yay for supporting handmade designs!

I am just overwhelmed with Yarn Love TONIGHT!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that everything arrived in one piece. Enjoy your goodies and your holiday weekend.

"Spider" (your secret pal)

Cassie said...

What a fantastic package!

Polly said...

How summery and wonderful looking!

Lora said...

That tea pot is just toooooo precious!