Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Falling For Ewe Autumn Yarn Swap Questionnaire

Yes, it's that time again......another swap is in the works:

  1. Do you knit or crochet? Right now, I knit only.
  2. How long have you been at your craft? Less than one year
  3. Do you spin? NOPE
  4. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? I do enjoy scrapbooking, but find that I only get a chance to do it every couple of months. I’d rather be fondling my yarn stash!
  5. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I love sock yarns….BFL and Bamboo blends are some of my favorites.
  6. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? I can’t handle mohairs, acrylics or scratchy wools……they make me breakout in hives (I have a hypersensitivity)
  7. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? POSH yarn….Three Irish Girls….Wollmeise…Alchemy
  8. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I’ll consider anything. I have plans for lots of scarves, hats and fingerless gloves and mittens. Socks too….
  9. What are you currently working on? After lots of practice swatches, I am finally casting on my FIRST project—a pair of fingerless mittens. Anything you plan to start this autumn? I am planning a new scarf in a fall colorway.
  10. What are your favorite colors to work with? I’m a tropical color person…..I love turquoise, purple, blue-green, pinks, red, corals and neutrals like chocolate brown and charcoal grey.
  11. What colors do you NOT enjoy? I don’t like BRIGHT yellow, and I stay away from really pale pastels (as they wash me out, and make me look ill).
  12. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I haven’t figured out increases & decreases yet, so that would be next on my agenda.
  13. Are you a sock knitter? Yes What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 10 shoe.
  14. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Neither, but would love either
  15. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? Right now I have a STUFFED to the gills folder to keep them in check, but I’ve outgrown it. I am collecting more circulars now, so I would like to get a separate way to organize these.
  16. Do you collect anything? Mary Englebreit, Bumblebees & Ladybugs….I also collect Tinkerbell items (mostly Christmas ornaments) and Vintage Hawaiian art & travel prints.
  17. What is your favorite type of music? It’s very varied, just about anything (but Rap music) Are you MP3 ready? Yes, I use iTunes.
  18. Do you like sweets? I love fruit jellies and cashews. My favoite candy bar is Almond Joy
  19. What is your living situation like? Married to DH (our anniversary is in early October) Any pets? 1 dog, Kona (she’s a Border Collie/Rottweiller mix) and 2 cats, Tigger & Sugar
  20. Are you allergic to anything? Just those fibers listed above.
  21. Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? My wish lists are linked on my blog (see the listing on the right hand side)
  22. What is your Ravelry ID? hulaknitter

1 comment:

HODGEPODGESPV said...

but this is interesting to others of us who like knowing more about you!