- Do you knit or crochet? Right now, I knit only.
- How long have you been at your craft? Less than one year
- Do you spin? NOPE
- Are there any other crafts that you participate in? I do enjoy scrapbooking, but find that I only get a chance to do it every couple of months. I’d rather be fondling my yarn stash!
- What are your favorite yarns/fibers? I love sock yarns….BFL and Bamboo blends are some of my favorites.
- What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? I can’t handle mohairs, acrylics or scratchy wools……they make me breakout in hives (I have a hypersensitivity)
- Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? POSH yarn….Three Irish Girls….Wollmeise…Alchemy
- What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? I’ll consider anything. I have plans for lots of scarves, hats and fingerless gloves and mittens. Socks too….
- What are you currently working on? After lots of practice swatches, I am finally casting on my FIRST project—a pair of fingerless mittens. Anything you plan to start this autumn? I am planning a new scarf in a fall colorway.
- What are your favorite colors to work with? I’m a tropical color person…..I love turquoise, purple, blue-green, pinks, red, corals and neutrals like chocolate brown and charcoal grey.
- What colors do you NOT enjoy? I don’t like BRIGHT yellow, and I stay away from really pale pastels (as they wash me out, and make me look ill).
- Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? I haven’t figured out increases & decreases yet, so that would be next on my agenda.
- Are you a sock knitter? Yes What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 10 shoe.
- Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Neither, but would love either
- Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? Right now I have a STUFFED to the gills folder to keep them in check, but I’ve outgrown it. I am collecting more circulars now, so I would like to get a separate way to organize these.
- Do you collect anything? Mary Englebreit, Bumblebees & Ladybugs….I also collect Tinkerbell items (mostly Christmas ornaments) and Vintage Hawaiian art & travel prints.
- What is your favorite type of music? It’s very varied, just about anything (but Rap music) Are you MP3 ready? Yes, I use iTunes.
- Do you like sweets? I love fruit jellies and cashews. My favoite candy bar is Almond Joy
- What is your living situation like? Married to DH (our anniversary is in early October) Any pets? 1 dog, Kona (she’s a Border Collie/Rottweiller mix) and 2 cats, Tigger & Sugar
- Are you allergic to anything? Just those fibers listed above.
- Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? My wish lists are linked on my blog (see the listing on the right hand side)
- What is your Ravelry ID? hulaknitter
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Falling For Ewe Autumn Yarn Swap Questionnaire
Yes, it's that time again......another swap is in the works: