Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday 9 - 08.23.08

I love this weeks' subject......I have loved music since I was a baby. My mom said that I sang before I could talk. I sung in church and school choirs all of my life. I even sang when I worked at WDW. In 2000, I had a serious illness that fused my vocal cords together and I could not talk for about 3 months. I had to work with a speech therapist to learn how to talk again, but my speech pattern and vocal tone had changed, so now, I no longer sing, except at home or in my car. But I still love my music!!

1. What was your first favorite song? The first song I can remember liking alot, was "Top of the World" by the Carpenters. What can I say.....I'm a child of the 70's

2. Who was your first favorite female singer? Olivia Newton-John

3. Who was your first favorite male singer? Tony Orlando.......Knock Three Times...LOL !!!

4. Who was your first favorite band? The Carpenters

5. Who are your all time favorite bands? The Beatles and The Beach Boys

6. Who are your all time favorite male singers? Michael Bublé, Justin Timberlake and Tim McGraw

7. Who is your all time favorite female singer? Etta James and Christina Aguliera (that girl can WAIL)

8. What is your all time favorite LP/CD album? a tie...The Beatles' White Album and Abby Road......equally BRILLIANT !!!

9. What was your first favorite radio station? It's the local station, that I STILL listen to.....93.7 FM-WSTW

2 comments:

SimplyGigi said...

Happy Saturday 9! I am sosorry to hear about your illness. As a singer I'm not sure I would be happy to go on w/out my singing voice.

Judd Corizan said...

Hi Donna-

I am Judd Corizan. I produce a new meme called Sunday Stealing. It’s located at: http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com. It’s a meme I am producing that originated on Bud Weiser’s WTIT Blog. I am now heading up the meme that you can play every Sunday. What we do is search for the best memes in the blogosphere and steal them. We always contact the blog’s owner and fess up to the theft and give them a link.

It has been incredibly popular on Bud’s blog and Bud has always encouraged his readers to steal it as well. Sunday Stealing introduced the infamous “CD Cover” meme to hundreds of readers. And that is the best part. Every week the meme will always be different. We’ve contacted since you have played Saturday 9, which is as hot a meme as there is on the internet. Naturally, we got permission from Samantha Winters (Crazy Sam) and she is excited about our meme and was thrilled to help. We’ve exchanges links/ads!

We did a “dry run” on this past Sunday and will go live on this Sunday August 31st! We hope you join us. We hope you’ll join in! And if you haven’t played Saturday: 9 in a while, I promised Sam I’d invite you play again at http://saturday9.blogspot.com.

Thanks-
Judd