Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Monday, August 25, 2008

Ten on Tuesday - 08.26.08

10 Things I Hated About School

  1. The hours…….I would have gladly appreciated a schedule, let’s say from 10am to 2pm…….
  2. The food…during 10th grade, I had the same lunch every day…..a chocolate milkshake and a cookie……I only bought lunch on Friday’s (Pizza !!)
  3. Gym Class….required in Freshman and Sophomore year it was required…..Swimming for a whole semester……to make matters worse, I had it 2nd period, so I had chlorine hair for three months……IN WINTER…….I HATED GYM !!!!
  4. The bathrooms…….disgusting to say the least…..
  5. SAT’s…can someone please explain what the real deal is about this test? I took both the PSAT’s (twice) and the SAT’s……I scored average, and I still got into almost all of the schools I applied to (only wait-listed to ONE school…..Duke. I was accepted to the following schools: Univeristy of Miami, Virginia Wesleyan College, University of Delaware, York College of Pennsylvania, and Maryland Institute College of Art)
  6. Riding the school bus…..when I finally got my driver’s license, I was so happy.
  7. Making up snow days at the end of the school year…….Come June 1st, I was always on mental summer vacation
  8. Picking your classes for the next school year. It always seemed that I could never get the classes that I really wanted. It continued when I got to college. I never seemed to have luck on my side.
  9. 9th Grade Biology……Frog Disection……enough said
  10. Homework......ugh, I get hives just thinking about it.

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I hated gym and dropped it in grade 9.

I loved school so did 10 things I liked about school. Ha!

I played :)

ti'mo said...

I agree with you on the uniform - I hated trying to figure out what to wear! And I quit gym half-way through 10th grade, after they decided they would only require one year instead of two. Great list!

The Gal Herself said...

I had forgotten about how bad the bathrooms were! There was no smoking and the greaser girls used to duck in there to light up. I came out feeling like the canary they send down into coal mines to test the air quality. Great list!