Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Thursday, October 23, 2008

FINALLY -- We're moving to DELAWARE !!!!

I've been a bit preoccupied lately with the drama of our current rental, and we finally said "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" ......The bathroom remodel that was supposed to be finished by now (they really were supposed to start it back in June, but that was pushed back and rescheduled so much that it didn't actually start until October) is STILL not finished. They've worked on it only 5 days this month. I'm tired of living in squallor, and having a slum-lord for a landlord. The house is falling apart around us, and he wants to do nothing to fix it. GGGGGRRRRRR!!!!

Last weekend, when I was on my way to visit with my mom (who's recouping from her back surgery), I noticed that there was a house in their neighborhood that was for rent. Since I was already familiar with the layout (similar to my parent's and my aunt&uncles old house), I made arrangements for DH to see it this past Sunday. We confirmed the rental this morning, and we sign our lease this Sunday. Our move is scheduled for December 1st.

THRILLED and EXCITING cannot begin to describe how I'm feeling right now!!!

More info to come as the saga of moving progresses..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! i just got back from my week vacation and saw your post! hope the new digs have enough room for a yarn stash!

love, Holly Golightly your secret swap pal!

Unraveling Sophia said...

Oh my! This is a big deal - moving into a new house! I'm so glad you found a good place and are going to be happy and settled when winter sets in. I wondered why I hadn't seen you around the forums lately and this explains it. Good for you to find a new place when your landlord didn't come through on promised renovations. You go girl!!