Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Christmas Chronicals (or, How to ruin a perfectly GOOD holiday...)

Happy holidays everyone.......yes, I am back! We've now been in our new home a month, and I am no where near unpacked. December has been a whirlwind.....overtime, stretching money for Xmas gifts, trying to get some sense of normalcy at the house......but, enough of the excuses.....I am back for a rockin' new year......(hopefully Dick Clark won't mind if I borrow that.....)

Just a bit of an update on our Christmas this year:

We spent Christmas eve at my parent's house.....good food, family and we were home by 10pm.

Christmas morning, we woke to presents under the tree (good thing I sent our moving announcement to Santa.....)

And I'm sure he received some help from our own little reindeer---KONA !!!

For all of her hard work, Kona received a new bed (it actually was an early Xmas present), and a rawhide bone.


Lots of good presents this year: A Della Q messenger bag; Several books--TWILIGHT; The Sookie Stackhouse Series (HBO's True Blood), books 1-7 & KNIT TWO (the sequel to THE FRIDAY NIGHT KNITTING CLUB); DVD-Mamma Mia; Britney Spears's new CD-CIRCUS; two cute tunic shirts, a fleece jacket; lots of candles, Xmas decorations for the house; stuff for the kitchen (serving dishes and casseroles), a new wristlet wallet, a crystal candy dish...stuff like that. My parents are buying us a new rug for the living room, after the first of the year, once I finalize the decor that I want to do.
I also received my final Falling Into Ewe swap package, which happened to arrive just before Christmas. I saved it to open for Christmas morning, and was pleasantly surprised to finally find out who my partner had been for the past several months.....it was Blue Teacup from Ravelry. Marie has taken such care in spoiling me ROTTEN, and this last package was NO EXCEPTION!
For my final presents, she sent me a skein of Tanis Fiber Arts fingering-weight in a colorway called GRAPES; CABLES & ARANS from my Amazon wishlist; a set of Tinkerbell notecards (with stickers), along with a matching notepad; a Mickey Mouse tea ball; a cute ladybug storage container; a fun toy to GROW MY OWN SUSHI (too funny!!) and some Christmas candies....She has become such a great online friend!!! Thanks MARIE !!!

Christmas dinner was at my cousins house that day, and we'd stopped at my parent's after lunchtime to exchange gifts. I normally wear CROCS shoes all the time (comfort), but since it was Christmas Day, I decided to wear a normal pair of shoes.......BIG MISTAKE! While walking out to our car I stumbled on my parent's driveway and rolled my foot. While I have yet to have it officially looked at, it appears that I've either broken my toes, or severely sprained my foot. Needless to say, I've been trying to stay off of it as much as possible. These are pictures from today (please forgive the condition of my feet---I had planned to get a pedicure on Friday, but those plans went OUT the window):


And my furbaby......Kona has been my nursemaid all weekend......she knows that her mommy's been hurtin'
Thankfully, no dancing plans were on the agenda for NYE........just me & DH and the furkids, a bottle of wine, some Chinese food, and my jammies!!!
Oh, and some post-script.....2009 is gonna be a happenin' year----an invite to Mexico for my cousin's 21st birthday in the spring (gals ONLY), another cousin's wedding in June (at a local winery---SIGN ME UP!!) and (hopefully) Sock Summit 2009 in Portland, Oregon in August!!! I had hoped to get in on the TLE weekend in spring, but failed to make the cut-----besides, Mexico sounds like a great alternative!!!

No comments: