Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knee injury and YARN P@RN

Things have just been KR-AZY around here in past week. Last Monday, I was off for President's Day and since I had the time, I went to bowling early and bowled some extra games for practice. During league, I went to bowl a frame and I felt a pop in my left knee. Thought nothing of it (although I did not bowl well) and went on, thinking it was a muscle spasm. Tuesday morning was aweful. My knee felt like it was on fire, I could barely walk on it, and I was in so much pain. Through the week it didn't get any better, so on Friday morning, I went to see my doctor. Initial diagnosis is that I have either a torn meniscus or torn medial collateral ligament. I had my MRI yesterday and am currently awaiting the results. Wish me luck!

Now, onto the serious stuff-----YARN P@RN !!!

I received the 2nd package from my Warm Ewe Up swap parnter. She themed my package around WARMTH. She wrapped everthing in bright pink and yellow tissue and the following was found , once I unwrapped everything:

An awsome box of EXOTIC tea blends from Tea Forte (one of my FAVORITE tea companies), THINGS I LEARNED FROM KNITTING by the Yarn Harlot, a pack of vintage travel posters in postcard for, a pair of Lantern Moon size 10.5 Rosewood straights (they are gorgeous---the tops are a palm wood, which has a cheetah-like pattern, a set of Lantern Moon size 1 Rosewood Sox Sticks in a beautiful fabric bag and TWO beautiful skeins of Claudia's Handpainted Sport weight in colorway RED WAGON. While it is red, like a childhood wagon, to me it's more Hawaiian Hibiscus.....vibrant and full of warm tones and memories! I can't say enough about how MUCH my partner has spoiled me with this swap......I can't wait until the final reveal!!

I also received my first Yarn with Something on the Side swap. This first round was Sock Yarn (enough to knit a pair of socks) and at least 6 bags of tea. My partner sent me the perfect selections:


two skeins of Jojoland Melody superwash in a beautiful teal green and a six-pack of Twinings Indian Spiced Chai.......I love CHAI !!!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, that's some great swappage you have there!
Lovely colors and great stuff.

So sorry about your knee, but on the bright side, at least you can still knit :-)
Feel better soon,

Cheers,
Brenda

p3knitter said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. That's never fun - believe me, I know. Hopefully you'll just need some physical therapy to get back in the swing of things.

Love the packages!

Meg said...

wow! what a beautiful swap!