Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not yet "properly" licensed--so I'll play with my yarn instead......

This week'sbeen really quiet, by blog standards. Nothing new or major going on. My work schedule changed again (that's TWICE in one week). I am now working a 5day-abrehviated hours schedule rather than the 4-8hour workdays......needed for workload and phone coverage (and sanity's sake). Mind you, I enjoyed having a weekday off, but it was hectic having to cover someone else's desk and still deal with the phones, especially with our group losing three people. So, now I'm working Mondays from 9a to 6p and Tuesday through Friday working 11:30a to 6p.

I also discovered this week that my NJ drivers license expired back on January 31st. GREAT!! Now, to make matters worse, in order for me to get a DE license, I have to obtain a copy of my drivers abstract (driving record) from the State of NJ and then I have to take a written test!!! Loads of joy for me, since I don't even know HOW to get my record--I have to call the NJMVC on Tuesdays to find out how long it will take to get (and how much it'll cost me). This is what I get for procrastinating.

Because of this, I am trying to limit my driving----good thing I'm feeling sick (I think I'm catching a cold.....achy, throat is sore and it hurts to swallow.....I'm probably getting strep or something).
In the meantime, I did get my Random Holiday - Round 3 - Think SPRING swap package----my partner did not disappoint!!

what a plethora of goodies, a copper wire basket-ey thing (Sue, you need to fill me in to what it's for.......I am clueless!) that has a flower and ladybug on it, a gardening how-to magazine (for my new yard) some nice hand creams, a package of gel-ink pens; seed packets for cucumbers (YUMM) and a medley of flowers; a pattern for a pretty lacey scaft from Knitty and two lovely skeins of yarn--Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky in UPTOWN and Araucania Ranco Multy in TEALS

I also receive a skein of Yarn Dyenasty sock yarn in the WATERMELON colorway. It's the perfect colors to help usher in SPRING!!!

Tomorrow is a bonus day off--President's Day. Hoping that DH and I will get to do something fun, since we missed Valentine's Day this year. Plus, I have bowling tomorrow night.......

No comments: