Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Friday, February 27, 2009

Who's that hobblin' down the lane???

So, word on the street is that I'm gonna be on crutches for the foreseeable future.

Yes, I have two tiny hairline fractures, along with a bad sprain and bone bruising and swelling. I go back to work on Monday, but I'll be on crutches for the next 4-6 weeks. I don't go back to see the orthopedic surgeon until late March.

So, I tried to do what any well-planned knitter would do......I tried to cast-on to start a project.

A "PROJECT"?!.....did I hear right?

Yes, I've been bored out of my gourd, so since I'm STUCK in the house (more on that in a bit....) I thought I would finally get something started.

First it was going to be a hat.....on circs.

The only circs I could put my hands on were size ZERO.....too small for a hat!

Ok, then, I would get AMBITIOUS and try my FIRST pair of socks. I tried casting on and then didn't know what to do with it. My TWO SOCKS ON ONE CIRC book is still packed away in the vortex of a craft room (and I can't even hobble to find it), so that idea was scrapped.

Ok, regroup....ditched the fingering yarn for some worsted superwash---and thought I'd do a set of fingerless gloves. Not too short. I grabbed a set of size 8 bamboo straights (one of only two sets of straights I can even find right now) and began the cast-on. After three attempts, I pulled it all out, after realizing that the needle length was the wrong size. GRRRRRR

Needless to say, there is NOTHING on the needles. STILL. (They're gonna revoke my KNITTERS license soon, if I don't get something going here)

Oh, and another GEM of karma........my car is in the shop, as my heating/cooling system has completely failed. Well, what I mean is, that this is the MAJOR failure which has landed my car into Repairville. Anyone need a good kidney? I'll trade it for some moola to pay for the car repairs?.............hello?? Is this thing on??????

Back to the couch for another Vicodin cocktail and some 80's videos on VH-1 Classic!

1 comment:

p3knitter said...

So, can I call you Gimpy without getting whacked my crutches? *hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee, and then your car ... after the worry of your job. I'm sure the storm will let up soon!