Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Monday, March 2, 2009

Finally, I got my wish.......

There is a saying....."ask, and you shall receive". We've all heard it.

Finally, I got what I've been asking for ALL winter...........

S-N-O-W
And we're not talking flurries here, people.......we got the GOODS here in Delaware!!!

Sunday morning, DH and woke to a slight dusting....maybe a half-inch of snow on the grass. Kona, the Hawaiian eskimo dog......LOVED it!! She really loves any sight of the white stuff. She's like a child.....she can't wait to get outside and play in it. It was melted away by lunch. And she moped all evening.....


Then the real wollop arrived last night.....it started to snow......and Snow.......and SNOW.....it just kept coming. I woke up this morning and it was still snowing. Made the educated decision to NOT attempt my return to work today. Logically, drifting snow, wind and CRUTCHES don't actually go well with each other (kinda like my own version of "Which One Doesn't Belong...."). I'll probably get an earfull about it tomorrow, but HEY.......I gotta look after myself first. That's all I need....slip and fall in the snow. RIGHT!

The snow let up around lunchtime and DH went out to shovel. They had just plowed, so the road looks pretty clear (it didn't stay that way, as we got another round of the white stuff later this afternoon). In total, the official snow count was 9.5 inches.....not to shabby (and ignoring all comments from the peanut gallery of friends from the Midwest and New England.....for us in the mid-Atlantic.....this is alot!!)








Needless to say........Kona is in TUNDRA-heaven !!!!!
Ok, I am happy now.........is it SPRING yet??

1 comment:

Raveller said...

I used to love snow too but I will say no more..

Hope you're foot is feeling better. Spring is just around the corner!