Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a difference a week makes!

Monday started the week with 6+ inches of snow.....today, the high temperature was in the mid-60's. Nice enought to turn the heater OFF and open up the windows......I love spring!!

Tuesday we got the news of DOOM about my car........$3700+ to fix (and that's just to get the basics fixed to get it to pass inspection). Our mechanic is a long-time family friend, so he's totally honest.......he basically said that my car isn't worth that much to fix. So, I am for the present and near future, WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION. Stressful, to say the least.

And, in other family drama....my parents and oldest nephew were in a car accident this afternoon, on their way to lunch. A 23 year old girl ran a red-light at about 50mph and hit my mom's SUV in the front passenger fender, and fled the scene. Luckily, no-one was hurt and there were two off-duty County cops and a retired cop that were at the intersection when the accident happened. The off-duty cops went after the girl and caught her. My mom's SUV has a damaged front wheel and the whole front end of her car was torn off. Everybody was pretty shaken up, but thankfully everyone is ok, and the SUV can be fixed (eventually......)

On a happy note, I have made such wonderful friends through Ravelry over the past 14 months. And my very good friend, Amy is just one of them. Amy and I met through one of my favorite Ravelry activities--swaps! We've been friends ever since. Amy decided to send me a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) after she read about the ever-continuing string of bad luck. Amy, YOU ARE THE BEST !!!


Working in the stationery and card business, you learn to appreciate high quality and attention to detail when it comes to cards. In essence, I've become a Stationery Snob! Amy picked the most beautiful card for me:


Isn't it gorgeous? It has all of these clear crystals (I just love BLING!) and even the envelope was lined with the same design. Yep, I'm a snob alright!

Amy sent just the perfect things for a pick-me-up.....CHOCOLATE (European MILK chocolate, no less), two perfectly-themed lip balms (Passion Fruit and Pineapple) and a glorious skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Melange in a colorway called Huckleberry (love....Love....LOVE--I must have more!)



Three cheers for yarn love from good friends!!

No comments: