Rhinebeck 2009 Countdown

Monday, July 6, 2009

Lifetime Stash Expectancy Exceeded

This morning was CRA-ZY! Got a call from my parents, who are on vacation with my teenage nephew at WDW this holiday week. They alerted me to the monorail accident that happened early Sunday morning, as they didn't want me to worry when I heard about it on the news. Two monorails collided with one another, pretty badly. My family is all fine......no where near the accident site when it happened, but still a bit scary, none the less.

As a former WDW castmember, it's scary to hear about any type of accident, but when there's a resulting death, it hits hard. The accident was a freak occurence, but the driver of one of the monorails, a 21 year old from the College Program was killed. Tragic, but so lucky that there were not more injuries. I think time of day (or night, in this case) was not only a contributor to the accident, but also it's saving grace. There were only 5-6 passengers on board the monorail at the time.

Prayers to everyone involved.......
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Days turned to weeks.......then weeks into months, but it was finally finished today.....MY FIRST COMPLETED KNITTING PROJECT !!!


I was giddy as a schoolgirl, as I was casting off.......then the horror, that......with all of my efforts, the dang thing was still too large in circumfrence......DANG IT!!!

Will have to frog, at some point.......but can now say.....I HAVE FINISHED A PROJECT!!!
Take that, you naysayers........
And until I do frog it, a new project on the "needles"

Hopefully, this one will fit much better....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I fell under the spell of a rapture called NAMASTE.....their bags are to DIE for....not only for knitting, but for the every day. I happened to catch a sale over the Memorial Day holiday, and scored a Newport style in Hollywood Pink......I was on the fence about a bright PINK bag, but I love it, and use it every day----I have enough room for my knitting and my "everyday life" stuff too.....
I love it so much, I have another, a MALIBU style on order, which I will be picking up from LYS this upcoming weekend. Oh, and the designers sent me a little gift, as I contacted them about a bag question and gushed to them on how much I just LOVE their stuff

So, if Toyoda wants to send me along a Prius as a free gift, I'll be happy to GUSH away.......
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As promised, alot of stash-bragging needed, as I've been busy collecting fiber:

Sundara is my new love......I would like to just emass myself in a pile of Sundara (preferably her Aran Silky Merino, which is a 50/50 silk-merino blend......absolute PERFECTION!!)

I've gone a bit overboard this month, so please forgive the obsession!
First the sock:

Year in Color - April 2009......Charcoal over Blue Lagoon

Seasons Collection Sub - WINTER colorways
Cranberry Chutney and Lunar Landing


Seasons Collections sub - SUMMER colorways
Coral Reef and Under the Sea
(Coral Reef is being traded to Liz in my Presto Kniters group)

Guava


Plum (traded with Liz from Presto Knitters group)

And then there's the ASM...."Hello, LOVER!!!"

Sitting by Stream Aran Silky Merio

Floating Downstream Aran Silky Merino

and more skeins are coming........like a said.....it's a DRUG!!!
I also received recently, my first skein of yarn from my MEAN GIRLS YARN CLUB

It's called "Aunt Sarah's Pussies", in reference to those evil SIAMESE cats from Disney's Lady & The Tramp......to me, it reminds me of a DERANGED Girl Scout's box of Thin Mint cookies......

Oh, and I scored a skein of Creatively Dyed in a Ravelry trade......I am definately buying another skein (or two) of this yarn at Rhinebeck.....the colors and dye patterns can't even be described, they are so cool.......

Finally, my first POSH yarns.....only taken over a year to FINALLY score some of this awesome yarn. Nice and soft and squooshy.....YUMM!!
The oh, so elusive.....PINK package.......

Three skeins of sock....Esme in Foliage and Roman Holiday and Daisy in Impresario and two skeins of Claudia Lace in Fey
So, now off to bed, and back to the workweek.....I've got knitting night tomorrow, at Presto, and Friday night is the potluck with Wendy Johnson, who'll be in town next weekend at my LYS.....hooray!!

1 comment:

HODGEPODGESPV said...

1) what was it supposed to be?

2) you are as bad as i...a yarnaholic as opposed to a knitaholic. BUT i found a pattern for my buffalo yarn and plan to start on it before the end of the week.